2010年8月30日 星期一

First Impression - [Witch's Wish]

Sorry that I haven't been posting much. There just isn't many good NDS games out there at the moment....I'd been just grinding SMT and finished Picross 3D. Otherwise, not much has been happening, unless you guys want me to do a quick first impression on some crappy NDS games.


Anyway, maybe I'll start with a stupid game called Witch's Wish..or something to that regard. It's a cheap 3D storybook adventure game that's broken up to chapters. Initially I thought it's made by a Japanese company due to the 1 screenshot. Boy was I wrong. Only the main group of the young girls are drawn in moe style, the rest are just fugly. Western cartoon fugly. If the art department persist with one style it probably wouldn't be so much of a sort thumb, but the clash just feels bad and annoying.
Anyway, moving on to the gameplay. It's the usual "go here and talk" gameplay, with the occasional "draw symbol on the bottom screen" once per chapter. Each chapter lasts around 10~15 mins. Short, but since the story is stupid all the time, I don't really enjoy it. I have a feeling that this game is targeted toward a lot more younger audience population. It's stupid of me to give it a try in the first place anyway.
It's using 3D model with 2D sprites, and it's the sprite that's clashing. 3D models all look cheap and ugly at the same, so it all look stupid.

Anyway, this game is not really for me, but if you got a 10 years old kid with a NDS, probably a decent game. Heck, at least it kept me playing 2hours, so it's not that bad production quality-wise.

沒有留言:

張貼留言